Thursday 20 January 2011

A street called Desire or was a fish called Wanda. No way: a street called Wanda.

Exactly, a street called Wanda, that's where lives Amma and Aí (阿姨), my mother in law's oldest sister, her youngest brother and his wife and two little kids (a boy and a girl).  It's a three storey house where you can eat good food, enjoy of good company, play mahjong or should I said loose (because 阿姨 knows how to win you with the blink of an eye), watch TV and sleep. It's a good place to live in Taipei, the nearest station is LongShan Temple Station, though it's 21 minutes walking you can enjoy it because there are plenty of restaurants and shops of clothes as well as CARS and MOTORCYCLES, but at least in Taipei you can walk by the sidewalks with no problems.

                                    This is the plate of a street called WanDa
                                            This is the three storey house.

I was very pleased to live in this house for a week. Aí (阿姨) is a good person, and she cares so much about her family, and she is always makings things easier to everyone. She acts like a mother to the kids who live there and takes after her mother every day. I also like Amma, she hasn't cooked for a long time but she remembered I liked to eat the pork meat she used to cook, and she cooked for me, that was so lovely. Every day the second oldest brother came home to eat and as soon as he reached the couch after having lunch he felt asleep, and Amma did also felt asleep. This uncle had lived for 8 years in Japan and whenever he speaks in mandarin or any other language has an interesting accent at the end, something similar to mmmmm.

Inside the house there is a red paper with a golden word written in traditional chinese that means "happiness" it's upside down because the meaning is that you let that happiness enter your house.



I had to go there to take my passport in the Spanish Embassyn in Taipei, but then I stayed there cause I was looking for a trip to Hong Kong in order to get my Visitor Visa there and come back to Taiwan. The Visa thing would be posted in future posts and it will be written in English as well.


I've been in Taipei like four times before, but this is the time i've enjoyed and liked the most. I like the buildings and I like the people there, although I prefer the south, here they are very nice to everybody. In Taipei, there is a total population of 2,6 milion people. It has a magnificent subway.

This underground (as the film with the same title of my friend Emir Kusturica...great film anyway) has air conditioning with fresh or hot air inside the cabins, but also in thre platforms, so you can feel cold in the winter or hot in the summer. It's forbidden to eat or drink, of course it is forbidden to smoke. There is service of cleanning (everywhere in the city is so clean) and a lot of staff that takes cares that everything goes fine.

To wait to go inside, in the platforms next to the train, there are lines that tell you where to wait the train and where to do the queue to enter, as you can see:







I also put some pics I took of the signs, next time I'll put the signs that says that it's forbidden to eat or drink. Actually, once i went there and I was chewing gum and my sister in law told me to be discrete,
cause you cannot do that on the subway. Maybe the only thing that can be improve is that during the weekends the timetables are the same as every working day. Fridays in Barcelona the underground is opened till 2h in the morning and on saturdays it does not close.






That made me laugh, cause it seems to be written the line of Bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment